- Structural engineering skilled worker
The carpenter works mainly with the very versatile raw material of wood. As a renewable building material wood is especially ecological but also economical. The right use of the building material at the construction site requires excellent knowledge about the structural-physical characteristics of the material, its reasonable protection and the required connection methods.
The 16 learning areas compromise the following activities:
- Fabrication and installation of classical building parts like roof structure constructions of any kind, carcasses, timber works or dormer windows.
- Planning and installation of modern timber framework constructions under consideration of effective energy saving (e.g. passive house construction)
- Interior works of buildings with light partition walls, wall and ceiling coverings
- Restoration of components especially also according to the requirements of monument protection or an improved energy efficiency
- Staircase construction
- Roof truss of hall constructions and structural-facings-sector
- Computer-assisted planning and construction by special timber construction software
The apprenticeship in the carpenter trade extends over three years and finishes with a final exam. The classes are taking place by block teaching of mostly two school block weeks.
Mr. Dirk Rensen
Tel: 06251 8479-39