The physical education at our schools follows a holistic approach to improve the physical activity but also to strengthen awareness, physical and mental well-being and the relationship to the exercising environment.
Our most important intentions in the physical education classes at HMS are:
- Motivation to exercise the whole life long
- Health promotion in a holistic approach
- Support of key qualifications which are also important in daily professional life
- Community experiences at our sports events
Why is there school physical education at HMS?
New studies show that teenagers and young adults do less sports with the entry in the professional life and with that they do not have a balance to working days anymore.
Due to that they are more affected by
- Lack of exercise as well as
- Back pain, due to one-sided strain also in the profession
Here we want to achieve an important contribution i.e. with our holistic, constitutional approach.
Because the physical education classes are very important to us, we are model school for the new curriculum concept: “sports and health in the vocational school – concept for the implementation of a constitutional physical education class” which shall be realized in whole Hessen.
For the teaching staff of the school sport events like football and health oriented sports are offered two times a week.
Head of Department
Ms. Mireille Kadel